Thursday 17 May 2012

SS10-1 Lesson 1E (Globalization Pros and Cons)

So far, I have studied many different view points and aspects of globalization.  Many people think a globalizing world brings forth many opportunities for our race.  Others believe that globalization will harm everything that people hold deer.



So I must ask myself, to what extent do I, as a citizen, respond to globalization?







 "Globalization is Inevitable Mr. Anderson"

Taking into account everything that I have learned so far in this course, I can honestly state that globalization is inevitable.  It can't be stopped.  I respond to globalization as a opportunity for a better future. 


Because of globalizatioin, humanity has found and colonized North America, creating the greatest free nation on Earth. 




Because of globalization, humanity has leaped in understanding of nature, technology, and the universe. 



Because of globalization, humanity has connected the world with media and the World Wide Web. 


 
Because of globalization, humanity has prevented wars, created trade, and helped the lives of the less wealthy through non-profit organisations, and through organisations such as the World bank and IMF.

There are of course negative impacts with the growth of globalization, but I believe the pros outweigh the cons.  As I continue through this course, my perception and understanding of globalization will grow clearer, allowing an informed and thoughtful decision, regarding to the question, To what extent should I, as a citizen, respond to globalization?

No comments:

Post a Comment