Friday 25 May 2012

SS10-1 Lesson 3D (Global Connections)

The people of the world are connected through communication technology, travel, and media.  But some people fail to realise that the world is also connected through people's decisions, ideas, differences, interests, jobs, and beliefs. 

Globalization is exactly what global connections refer to.  Because of the ever increasing global communication technologies, people with specific views, ideas, etc. can potentially meet others with the same views, forming a strong community. 



When I consider the question, "To what extent should I, as a citizen, respond to globalization," I continually ask myself how I, right now, respond to globalization?  The answer is quite clear.  As a citizen, I look upon the world's problems such as corruption, food shortage, human rights, and neglected poor countries, and ask myself, "Is it all worth it?"  My opinion is quite biased. I personally love my life.  I have everything I need.  I, as a citizen, respond to globalization with a positive attitude, believing that people are being helped and lives are being saved, despite the violence in other countries.  Canada's government is fair and just.  The population is quite rich.  People are happy and prosperous.


However, people in other parts of the world have nothing.  I see globalization as a great cause for all humans to relate and positively respond to.  Others might see globalization as a plague that creates huge divides between the rich and poor.  Globalization created these problems, but without globalization, (if there is such a thing) would the world be better off or worse off than before?

The Rifts of Globalization.
Should the world suffer in order to have a global community?

Should the people of third world countries suffer so other people can have rich lives?



Without a global community, the world would run chaotically.  Yes, globalization has many negative affects.  However, it is my opinion that globalization opens the future to humanity.  It is my hope that, because of globalization, the world will find peace some day.


Equality is the key to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment