Tuesday 22 May 2012

SS10-1 Lesson 2D (Globalization & Awareness)

After studying the ideas of global awareness it is time to take what I have learned and once again try to answer the question:  To what extent should I, as a citizen, respond to globalization?


To be aware is to be smart.  In the past few days I have gained knowledge on the global topics of human rights, human trafficking, and government and union ideals.



Now I am more aware of the world's problems surrounding these topics.  I can honestly say that I am shocked to know that so many people suffer, both physically and mentally, due to how much green slips of paper people possess.  In my opinion, human trafficking is the worst.  Sure, unions are struggling to give workers better rights.  People, countries, nations, and governments are struggling to also support their nations and to also bring the people the rights they deserve. 



These are all concerning issues in my eyes.



However, In my opinion human trafficking is the worst.  People, especially women from Europe, are forcefully taken and used for other people's selfish wants.  For example, young women are kidnapped, shipped to the modern world like the USA, and turned into prostitutes. 



 













I think the posters say it all.


The point to all of this is to understand that although globalization has its pros, it also contains cons such as the ones mentioned above.

To respond to the unit main question, I have to say that regarding everything that I have learned up to this point, I still support globalization since it has great potential for our planet.  However, I completely object to the unfair treatment of workers, unions, the unfair rules and laws associated with international companies, and people who are involved in human trafficking organizations.



Steps must be taken to ensure fair and equal rights and freedoms.



No comments:

Post a Comment